Monday 7 May 2012

Modern Block Monday - Mondrian

This week's block is Mondrian, designed by Jamie Mailanen from 99 Modern Blocks, compiled by Susanne Woods. Jamie's block was done in some fabulous modern prints with charcoal sashing. Here is mine:

I'm liking the pop of coral in the middle, surrounded by the blues.

What I'm not liking is my colour choices for this next block that I did. This is Sew Mama Sew's Modern Block of the Month for January. Not liking it one little bit. Oh well.


For next week, I think I'll try triangles again with Fractured Triangles by Jessica Brown. It looks scary...can't wait!

Completed blocks to date:
Have a great Monday, all!

4 comments:

  1. Love those stunning blues with the warm center. I like your color choices for your Jan. block.
    They work well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too! Sort of reminds me of fields (very orderly fields!!) I love the Mondrian with the coral :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did your Mondrian! I need to make it for a bee this month, I guess I should get started.....

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...