Thursday 31 January 2013

Scrap{Bee} Blocks


In 15 years of quilting, I've amassed quite the scrap collection. It's time to do something with these little gquilty offshoots. As I mentioned in my goals this year, I'm on a Scrap Bin Mission in 2013. I'll be looking for and sharing different ways to organize scraps and fun projects that use them throughout the year.

To kick off the mission of scrappy madness goodness, I'm going to share with you the blocks I've received from my Don't Worry {Bee} Happy bee mates.

Back in November, I showed you my test block...


Basically, I sent each bee mate some scraps in one colour, some strips of neutrals, as well as these instructions.

I got this block back from Katie...

From Elyse...
 From Alisha...
 From Heather...
 From Chelsea...
From Charlotte...

Thank you bee mates -- your blocks are even better than I had anticipated!

To their blocks, I've added...

In addition to three more blocks still to come from bee mates, I will make several more blocks in other colours. Can you see where this is going? :)

If you like my Scrap Bin Mission button, then you'll be pleased to hear that I'll be doing a giveaway of the My Memories software that I used to create it on Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. They remind me of Easter eggs. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing these blocks put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm determined to whittle down my scraps to at least close to half this year (I have a lot of scraps.) Good luck with your scrap mission - I'll be following closely! My think my first part of the plan is fabric baskets to make them more accessible.

    Great bee blocks - can't wait to see them in a finished quilt! So much texture in them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really neat...I'm excited to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...