|Not loving the border|
Where I got stuck with finishing this at first was the machine quilting. I wanted to do free motion quilting on it and some of the leaves needed to be stitched down and given veins. I pulled it out again last year and added some borders and began some straight line quilting to stabilize it. But I hated the brown so shoved it back on the WIP pile.
|Bye, bye brown!|
I added the front and the back with a slight larger than 1/4" seam allowance so the brown was completely covered by the seam.
|New upper border section|
|Three stitch zig zag to attach the new upper border |
section batting to the older center section
|Small leaves and curlicue quilting|
Then I faced it using Susan Brubaker Knapp's awesome tutorial et c'est fini! I'm much happier with the new fabrics.
|Playing With Leaves|
[Edited: Also linking up to a new linky party for June finishes.]